Monday, September 26, 2011

The Purpose

When we were on Mackinac Island over Labor Day Weekend, my wife, son and I took a horse driven carriage ride around the island. At the end of the ride the driver stuck out his hand in a handshake motion to me and I shook his hand and told him I enjoyed the ride. My wife then started giggling and said, "For God sakes Ed, give him a tip!" I apologized to the driver gave him a tip and told him, "without my wife I would have no class, I'd be just a bear with furniture." The comedienne, Rita Rudner made that line famous, that men who lived alone were "Bears with furniture."

It has occurred to me that I have learned a lot of valuable life lessons from women in my life. Some through lectures, some through watching women do really smart things, some through asking for help, and some through getting hurt by women. So my purpose of this blog is to detail life lessons that women have taught me and pass them on to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment